Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vulnerability

I picked back up Jesus For President again today. I'm really enjoying this read. I just hope I get something out of it that I put into practice.

Day 2, and my room is still clean. Hallelujah!

Alexa and I revealed our tie-dye today - they stained the dryer. Whoops! Picture to come...

Work today lasted 3.5 hours and was excruciatingly boring. We made $26.00, and I read my book. I feel like I should've been talking to my co-worker instead, but I didn't. I don't know. I'm torn.

I've realized something about myself: I'm bad at being vulnerable the way God wants me to. I have this attitude that I can just keep things to myself and it'll all get worked out eventually. I think this probably came from a point in my life where I was always complaining to get attention, and I thought the only way to get that attention or get people to talk to me was to act like I had a lot of problems. Once I realized that was super annoying, I stopped talking about my problems - stopped complaining.

Now, I'm having a hard time finding a line between complaining and just talking about how I feel or what's going on in my life to the people closest to me. Even with God I'm not real sometimes. It's like somehow I don't believe in the truth that says God already knows everything about me, so if I don't talk to Him about it He won't have to know and I won't feel bad.

But there is no condemnation in Christ. I need to remember that so I can pour out my heart to God instead of hiding it from Him, which is impossible to do anyway.

Anyway. God is good. Great, actually. And He loves YOU! By grace and through faith in Jesus there is salvation, and this, my friends, is THE Good News!

No comments:

Post a Comment