Thursday, May 17, 2012

This is a Good Thing

Yeah so I missed posting last night, so once again I'm going to make up for it by putting 2 days in one. YAY! However, this is good because I have not been focusing on the internet or my computer today. *

Anyway.

Wednesday: I woke up, babysat my cousin (who screamed half the time; it was the only time I've liked my cat more than babies), hung out with Alexa - we cleaned out her room to find stuff to sell for our charity yard sale! Which we are quite excited about. YAY! :D We also went to the park, and on the way some guy tried to hit on me, which was kind of funny. And at the park these three little children came up to us to talk and that was fun. We drank coffee, too. Oh but then I went to church to go to the business meeting because we (the "youth") wanted to talk about how awesome we think our new youth pastor candidate is. We vote him in on Sunday. I could not be more thrilled! I don't really remember what I did when I got home, though.  I tried to watch the Aristocats but fell asleep and woke up again at 2 a.m. to get back in my bed. That happens too often.

Today, I woke up at 8:45 and went running with Alexa (well, running/walking). Then we went back to her house and drank coffee (duh) and talked for an hour and a half about life and Jesus and friends and summer. It was so great and so refreshing. I learned a lot about grace while talking to her. It's interesting, because when we as Christians describe ourselves to people, or just in general, we always mention Jesus. But that shouldn't be the way it is. It's us, and Jesus encompasses us and everything we do. When we see our life as being all through Him, we put on a lens of grace and so everything we do and see is biblical and for Christ because we see people the way He sees them, and we're not as quick to judge or assume we're better than someone. It's helpful in forgiving too.

I was also encouraged a lot to read this summer, and to focus on things that matter. *The reason I've been off the computer all day is because I did the dishes, did laundry, cleaned a bathroom, mowed the lawn, organized more things for the yard sale, I'm working on cleaning my room. I have a lot of junk. Alas, I have not read yet today, but maybe I will here soon. I kinda want to go to bed early, but we'll see how that goes.

I could go for some ice cream.

Oh yeah, I've been playing a lot of hymns today. It's helpful for sight-reading, and for drawing closer to God! Music is a beautiful medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment