Monday, May 28, 2012

Praise, Work, Yeah

I've had this song stuck in my head - Praise His Holy Name! - and it's probs because I've been playing a zillion times a day since...well yesterday. And I like it! It's all syncopated and jazzy and awesome.

The first line is: "Sing 'til the power of the Lord come down; shout Hallelujah! Praise His holy name!"
It's so cool to me because it completely reinforces everything I believe about worshipping God through singing and music and dancing, and that's what I think when I think of straight up praising Jesus! This song has been so encouraging, because I'll whistle it while I'm at work and it's just that reminder of God's love and Jesus's awesomeness.

Also. Work. Has been pretty good, I suppose. Although it's kind of been keeping me from my friends and doing things other than, well, working. And it's only going to get worse. Putting things in perspective, though, I guess it's good because I'm making some pretty good money and it's causing me to actually get up and do something instead of lay around the house. Although, I'm eating REALLY unhealthily at work, so it may not be the best for my body. Oh well. My co-workers rock, and I am so fortunate for them. Which I probably said yesterday. Well. It's still true today. So whatever. I'm still trying to live up to Paul's call to commit our work to the Lord, and to work for Him rather than man because that really is where I'll find the most joy. I think it helps that my work involves serving people because it's so much fun to serve and I get a lot of joy out of that, which is how God intended it! Yay! :D

Side note: last night I had a really funny Skype conversation with a really good friend of mine whom I haven't seen in over 3 weeks! Tragic really. But anyway, I don't think I've laughed so hard in my entire life, and I have to say, it feels good. Truly. I GET TO SEE FRIEND TOMORROW! I mean, my friends at work are great, but they're like forced friendships. Tomorrow/Wednesday will both be great days. I am excited to see how I commit my life to God.

Oh dang. I did something horrible today. There was a man standing on the road at the giant intersection on 220, who needed help according to his cardboard sign. I didn't know what to do. I was sitting in traffic, waiting for the stoplight to turn green, and I couldn't figure out what to do. I panicked! Then the light turned green and all the cars pulled away and the man turned around and shook his head. I felt so awful! I wanted desperately to give him a ride to work with me and give him some food or money or something, but then I remembered everything people have warned me about, obviously, because I'm a young girl and picking up old men is dangerous. But didn't Jesus do dangerous things? But He was a man. WHO CARES? Gosh. I just didn't know what to do.

Jesus and I need to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment