Friday, May 25, 2012

Regurgitation (Gross)

I did not get out of bed until 11:30. No matter. Alexa came over and we made stir fry followed by a trip to Starbucks and also to Coldstone. You may say we acted a little excessively. But I say differently. This Starbucks trip had been planned, so we did not have coffee this morning. Coldstone was a last minute decision because we had a coupon. Therefore, we were being both thoughtful and thrifty!

Since then I've done a lot of nothing. Oh except that I have officially played the first 370 hymns in my Worship Hymnal. I sat at the piano for over 100 straight, and my leg was sore from pedaling once I was done! However, playing through the entire hymnal is a feat I hope to finish by June. If not, then it's just a summer goal and will be completed before I go back to school.

So. I was thinking a few minutes ago. I read the words of someone else as they talked about limiting God. Sometimes I'm like her - I get so used to the idea of "God" that I stop thinking of Him as spectacular, even though He still has this great awesome power that nothing else does, and He does incredible things, performs amazing miracles all the time! I don't want to become lukewarm like that.

"I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!"

I realize that our brains get in the way of our hearts when it comes to "being a Christian". I put things in quotes a lot. Mer. Oh well. We have this knowledge of typical Christian jargon and colloquialisms that will make us sound spiritual, and so when we talk to our "Christian friends" we always feel the need to speak this way. It's kind of weird. If my heart was in the right place, I would be praying to God to give me the words to speak to any one person and do it in love in the name of Jesus, whether this person was a believer or not. I mean yeah there are words you can say to make you sound more spiritual, and that do a lot in the way of conveying a believer's message. 

There are just way too many things that we try to keep track of when it comes to trying to be a "good" Christian. Only one thing matters: God. We love God. We obey God. We talk to God. We petition to God. We listen to God. When we truly do all these things, and our hearts are really set and focused on Him, we won't have to worry about what to say because God will give us words. And we won't have to worry about what to do, because we've been learning since we were babies the right and wrong things to do and why God instructs us in this way. 

I'm working on this. 

I start my job tomorrow. I hope I can let Jesus's light shine out of me! I'm a little nervous. Who wouldn't be? But I will do it, and I will do it well for God. It will be splendid! 

I have a goal of making my bedroom wonderfully clean and organized and de-cluttered by Wednesday. We'll see how that goes. I will come forth bearing an update. Sayonara! 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment