Friday, May 11, 2012

Sleeping In - Naturally

Today was weird and also great! I didn't get out of bed until 1:30 in the afternoon which was glorious, and then I made myself a cheeseburger for lunch and had ice cream. Alas, I was forced to mow the yard today, but I did it in a bathing suit in a sad attempt to get a tan. No luck working on bikes today.

Tonight was pretty fun, though. I went to church to meet our new prospective youth pastor candidate and his wife and 2 children and that was just really great. I was so excited for them to come because we haven't a youth pastor for 2 years! Even though I'm not in youth any more, I am excited for my friends who are because after tonight I know they will be in good hands. This couple is absolutely phenomenal, and I can't wait to see how God uses them in this ministry.

After that I did a lot of nothing for 3 hours. But in the midst of doing nothing, I read a really cool devotional on praise and psalms and singing and shouting worship to the Lord! I love reading and listening to pslams and songs of praise because it's the way I connect to the Holy Spirit best and I love worshipping Jesus. It reminds me of why I'm doing what I'm doing in terms of being a musician. Do it all for the glory of God! Abandon everything I know on earth and focus my energy - my songs, my music, my worship - on Jesus and the Lord's sacrifice and love for us! Bahhhh. So much awesome.

Also, today is my future roommate's birthday! She just became a legal adult. So exciting. (:

~Psalm 33:3 - "Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully with a shout of joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment