Friday, May 18, 2012

Glitter are the Herpes of Crafts

My my, what a day!

This afternoon I went to the bank with my grandma, and she took me to Burger King afterwards! I got coffee, which was good because I had a headache and felt poopy, so coffee was the perfect remedy. (:

I also got a babysitting job for today! It was kind of funny how it happened, actually, because my "sister's" mom messaged me yesterday and asked if I would watch her other daughter and a few of her friends because one of their mother's would not allow her being left along without adult supervision. They are 13/14 years old which is the funny part, since by their age I was already babysitting other kids.

ANYWAY. Two of these girls are also very good friends of mine, and the girl who needed 'supervision' didn't even come. BUT I got paid for it, $10/hr. They had to make these plate awards for their soccer team, so there was paint a glitter EVERYWHERE, including our hair, but we ate hot pockets and pizza and drank blue kool-aid and had a dandy time. We also went and jumped on the neighbor's trampoline and they gave us chocolate. I always have a fun time with these girls. They are truly a blessing to me, and I have been so encouraged by investing in their lives over the years; I also look forward to watching them as they continue to love and serve the Lord in all that they do through high school and onward!

Okay so yeah on my way home, I decided to turn off the radio and talk to God.

Well, I also decided to listen to God. I do too much talking a lot of the time when I'm spending time with God. I think because I don't do it as much as I should, I feel like there's a lot I need to "get off my chest" so I don't take the time to stop and listen like I should. But I tried to. Granted, still wasn't sufficient, but I got a lot out of what God revealed to me during my car ride home.

I prayed that I get a summer job, or make some kind of money, or find a way to obey God and His plan for my life if it doesn't involve money; basically I want God to reveal to me what exactly I should be doing with my summer. Then I realized that all I need to do is to glorify God with all of my actions, in everything I do this summer, and I will be satisfied.

I realized that the Lord provides even when He isn't answering all my questions with 'Yes'.
I've been asking for a job and for lots of other things, but I've been lacking in being faithful to God. Today, I gave it up to God. But the thing is, is that I have to do that daily, continually, constantly, every time I forget, and every time I think about it. But today when I did that, I felt a peace about my finances. Tonight I made $60, and I feel as though that was God's way of showing me that I have to put my trust in Him daily for Him to renew His mercies and always take care of me and provide for me rather than focusing on having a plan.

What my brain landed on was that since God renews His mercies every day, I should renew my joy every day! I love joy. I really do. And even though it doesn't correlate with emotion, it makes me so happy!!! :D :D :D

God is awesome. I absolutely LOVE getting to be reminded of that DAILY!

I hope everyone can be encouraged by the constant outpouring of love we receive from God as His children! Have joy in the Lord, my friends! There is joy in the Lord, love in His Spirit, and hope in the knowledge of Him! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment