Saturday, May 26, 2012

Grace

I learned a new lesson in grace today. It was a good way to learn it, too, because at no point was I angry or upset with anyone, which tends to happen with me.

I started my summer job today! I worked 7.5 hours straight, and I am quite proud of myself! Things were sort of rocky at first because all of us were getting used to doing things for the first time, but once we figured out what we were doing, all went well.

So the thing is, is I work at a pool concession stand, which is actually pretty nice considering what it is. There are these people who own the pool, or the clubhouse, or whatever and we'll just call them Smith. Well the Smiths have several children, all of whom are at the snack bar all the time getting tons of food because they get to eat half off. Which is totally fine. What was weird to me, though, was that they seemed very under appreciative. Which is also fine, because they (or at the least the dad) is above me - my boss's boss. At one point I got a little frustrated with him because I was very polite and very efficient and he was kinda rude and snobbish. My bitterness only lasted a second, though, because I remembered Who it was I was actually working for, being polite for, being diligent for - God, of course! The rest of the day, which was a VERY long day, I was never upset once. I was tired a few times, thought about complaining once, but I never did. I had joy all day long, through the sweat, the many yawns, the rude customers, and the new staff (myself included).

Of course, God and His amazingly perfect timing always being awesome, when I got home and got in the shower (where I always listen to the radio) the Spirit verse came on the air that read:

"Whatever you do, work at it as though you are working for the Lord, and not for man."

(Colossians 3:23)

I was like, YEAH!  That's totally what happened. That's exactly how I've set my heart and mind on this job, and here's hoping that whenever I get tired or cranky I turn to the Lord for strength and peace and JOY, because I love joy. 

So, YAY! I finished my first day of work! God is so good for giving me this job. And, I look forward to serving Him in it! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment