Sunday, May 20, 2012

SUNDAY, HALLELUJAH. It's not so far... dooo doo dooo

Today I woke up, went to church, Josh Witt (our youth pastor candidate) was voted in at 99.8% positive SO I'M SUPER HAPPY! I came home, went to put in an application at a Country Club pool, realized that people spend WAY too much money to play golf (like it's seriously ridiculous), and I've been feverishly checking my email every 5 seconds to see if any jobs I've applied for have contacted me with a yes or a no (but preferably a yes).

However, I am quite content in my situation. I'm finding odd jobs to do, and whether I like it or not, God's plan will prevail over mine, even if that means not getting a "summer job" this year. God'll provide like He always does, I'm just praying that I'll see His provisions (and that mom will too so she'll get off my back).

Well. Today in big church, as I like to call it, Rev talked about "Homeland away from Home" or something like that. That was the title of the sermon. Or something pretty close to that. Anyway. Yes.

He talked a little bit about the building that we hold services in, do our activities in, what's colloquially known as "the church". He talked about investing in the church. He gave us an acronym for what it meant to have a "FULL" house. Faith. Understanding. Loyalty. Love.

Of course all things come down to love, though. But yeah.

I really caught on to the Loyalty section the most. I feel like loyalty isn't something that people recognize in other people a lot these days. I don't know why, but it goes unnoticed a lot of the time. But, like Rev said, it's still really important. I liked that Rev said that it's so much more important not to be loyal and faithful to the building, but to the One who gave us the means to build it, to worship in it, to love people in it, to serve the community in it.

Churches today (and I mean they have forever) can turn very political very quickly. It's just the nature of the church, especially one with a bajillion committees (silly Baptists). I, as well as many others, want this way in the church not to be anymore. I hate it, actually. "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." LOVE. Not money. Not 'church'. Not politics. 


This is something we all need to learn, including myself, but coming home from school I've seen it even more than I do when I'm away. It's time for a change. A revival in the name of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment