Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Not That I'm Complaining...

Today Alexa and I ran (per usual) and then we tie-dyed shirts just for the heck of it! I'll get to see how it turned out tomorrow. (They're purple and green, by the way - my two favorite colors!)

But then I cleaned. For 5 hours I cleaned. My room hasn't looked this good probably since we moved in. No joke. Even my mom came in and said I should take a picture, and she just wanted to stand in it and look at it because she's never seen it look this good.

I cleaned the piano room. I took out a bunch of trash. I swept. I vacuumed. I did dishes. I organized, and disinfected. And then... my efforts went to waste. That happens when you live with a teenaged boy anyway, but reason I was cleaning was because I was going to have a friend over. And since we never have company, and we also NEVER clean, I had to frantically try and make the house look presentable, and I thought I had done a good job of it. Alas, plans fell through and I'm sitting alone in my clean but empty bed room with nothing to do.

Oh well. There's always next time, and incentive to clean more often (haha yeah right).

I haven't felt any spiritual growth today. I've also gained weight, and it shows, and I'm upset about that. I realize that I shouldn't be getting worked up about it, but it's just been one of those days.

I realize also that I'm not feeding my spirit like I'm feeding my body, and that's a huge problem. I'm gonna try and work on that, so here's my giving myself a few practical ways of attempting this:

- When I go to work, don't eat if I'm working a short shift! Don't drink soda, but instead drink water, and bring a book to read when business slows down so I'll do that instead of eating, because I tend to eat when I get bored. I have several book options I could be focusing on that will aid my growing relationship with Jesus, but I haven't been bringing them to work for some reason. I really should, though, and I think tomorrow I will. I only work 3-4 hours tomorrow so I won't have to eat, and we probably won't have much to do. I'll try to run tomorrow, too.

Anyway. My rant is done. I apologize for the morbidity of this post. There is joy in the Lord! And in Him I feel content, joyful, peaceful right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment