Sunday, June 3, 2012

Jesus

I have not written since Thursday, and I apologize. Friday night I spent the night at a friend's, and Saturday I was working and got home and plopped.

So. Here you are.

Friday was splendid. I did not have to work, and I got to go running with Alexa and sister, did another day of Harry Potter workout, and went home. Later I went to my friend Kate's house, whom I have not seen since Christmas break!!! That was also great. And we, as well as two other friends, went downtown and drank coffee and it was lovely. Of course we also went to Walmart to buy cookie dough, chips, and Mountain Dew because we're girls. And we can.

Saturday I worked and went to dinner with my friend Sloan which was nice. We ate at Fork in the Market which I'd never been to (nor have I been to any of the "Forks" actually). I had chili. It was a lovely evening.

Today, however, I went to church and my mom's Sunday School class (which I love, by the way) and then had to go to work. Sunday School was really neat. The lesson was on prayer, and to keep it short today I think the greatest thing I learned that I had never really thought about before is that there are 7 (or so) types of prayer, and the first one that you must engage in in order for God to hear you is confessing your sings to Him. Because sins put up a wall and keep you from God. It was so weird to hear that perspective. But I liked it.

Tonight I went to Baccalaureate at my church for the class of 2012 and played piano for them. It was a really nice service because some of my best friends are graduating and our pastor, whom I'm very familiar with, preached and did a great job as always. He seems to always know just what to say. It's fantastic.

Afterwards we just kind of stood around and talked, and one of my friends, Alyssa, keeps telling me how much she's freaking out about going to college! Which is understandable. I've been kind of trying to keep her calm and give her some pointers on college in general and the first year itself. She said she's made some progress (which I found funny) but that she just isn't ready! Of course, I think she is, because she's brilliant and talented and nice and loves Jesus so she's pretty much set for life. But fear is a funny thing, indeed. Anxiety is, too.

In this season of change and doubt and preparation and fear for so many, I thank God that I can relax in peace knowing that when I come back to school in the fall, things will be familiar. I already know what to expect. I mean yeah, classes are different, but honestly that's the least of my worries. Haha. But not really, I just don't care enough. Well, I do. I'd like to graduate with honors. But it's whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment