Sunday, June 24, 2012

THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR AWESOMENESS.

Okay hi. I've been a'slackin' lately. My apologies.

Recently, though, I've just been working a lot, and talking to God a lot. So, how's about I give you the lowdown on my weekend?

Friday I got up super early (8:15, haha) and did a little bit of packing, and then met a good friend/former calculus teacher at Panera for coffee to, you know, talk and stuff and catch up on life. We had some really great conversation and I was incredibly grateful to have gotten to talk to her. We talked about life, and school, and work, and math, and Jesus and it was great! We got to talk about our walks with Christ and our families and how God as Father is different for some people and just about how radically different your life looks when you love and follow Jesus. It was the greatest, and I'm hoping to get to hang out with her again soon!!

After that, I went home, ate lunch, packed up my car and drove my very first big girl road trip all by myself from my house to Richmond which took about 2 and a half hours. I was so scared and nervous that my car wouldn't make it, but I got there and back with 3/4 of a tank of gas in 320 miles! I felt so accomplished. Well anyway I was going to visit some friends from school because we hadn't seen each other in a month, and it was SO MUCH FUN! We hung out, watched thunderstorms, played cards, went swimming, and had a really nice time catching up and hanging out! Unfortunately I had to drive back Saturday night while others stayed until Sunday, but it was a great deal of fun.

While I was gone Saturday my BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD AT THE MOMENT and his dad moved a piano from the church to my house so now I have two pianos and it was free!!!!! I am forever grateful. When I got home last night I played on it. It's horribly out of tune, but IT WAS FREE and that's an easy fix. (: (: (:

Sunday (today) was absolutely insane. Of course, I'm exhausted and crazily sunburnt from yesterday, but I had to be at my church at 8:30 this morning to sing, and right after I had to be at another church all the way across town to play the piano (which I got paid for, holler!) and then I had to be at work at 12:30. Ha well I got there at 1:00, but it's whatever. I could not keep my eyes open at work today! I was so tired. I could not wait to close. I actually left some work undone because I'm opening tomorrow and I was too tired to clean so I decided to get there early tomorrow and finish it up.

I'm going to watch Army Wives tonight because it's coming on again. I'm so pumped. I wanna take a bath, kinda. But I also wanna wash my hair. But I think I'm gonna go running in the morning so maybe I'll wait.

Can I just talk about how awesome God is? Because seriously, I just have no words. No accurate words, no words strong enough, vivid enough to portray His awesome greatness. These words do not do Him justice. I am so grateful for all He's done for me and all He continues to do because otherwise I'd be lost and dead in sin. Instead I die to myself daily and rid myself of sin by praying for forgiveness from God through Jesus blood. Which is insane.

Praying is great. It's so fun and just awesome. Whoever cares to, pray for my friend Chelsea, my friend Kelly, and my friend Kourtney. That is all. (:

Here's to a Jesus-filled summer!

Hymn update soon!

Don't forget about mine and Alexa's yard sale happening July 14th! Luke 18:22 - "Sell all you have and give to the poor and you will have treasure in Heaven." We're still taking donations!

God bless!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment