Thursday, June 14, 2012

On My Day Off

I'm tired, so first, I'm going to thank God for things for 60 seconds:

friends
talking
saliva
shoes
paper
cards
computers
bags
tissues
medicine
flags
the cross
green
circles
outlets
letters
colons
punctuation
organs
pianos
intestines

I had a hard time thinking of things. I think every once in a while I'm gonna collect all my 60 seconds of praising Jesus and write them down to remind myself what I have to be thankful for when things don't seem so great.

Today was interesting. I went on a very short run, drove to Salem (which was TERRIBLE) to meet with a lady at the church I'm going to be subbing for next week and potentially 2 more times this summer. I drove back, and the whole trip was over 2 hours! including spending half an hour at the church. Craziness. But I'm excited to make some extra money on top of the job I already have. That's always a good time. I also got an email back from a church MUCH closer to home and life that may be willing to let me do some subbing this summer as well. It's amazing how hugely God provides when we take the time to just do our part and trust in Him! Crazy, really. But we serve a crazy God. An awesome God, but a crazy one. Which is totally and completely AWESOME!!

Anyway, I went to C.Re.W. after that and we had a cookout and I sat around and talked with some cool people, my friends Corina and Kathryn gave me a ton of stuff to put in the yard sale/donate! I can't wait to go through it all and see what they decided to get rid of.

I also had a really great talk with my sister tonight. It was good to get to hang out with her. I talked a lot about what I had read in Jesus For President and I'm going to get her to read it so we can discuss it and hold each other accountable for what it's taught us. We're also going to Frogurt on Friday. But no big deal.

I forgot my hymn count. I got past the 500 mark, though! I think my goal was to be finished by the 15th of June, but I'm not sure if that will actually happen. I'll try and practice a lot tomorrow and Friday, though, but it probably will not happen. Which I am sad about. I'm also still in the process of learning my Prelude and Fugue. My goal is to have the first page of my Fugue learned by next Wednesday (so, in a week).

That's all for now. I've started that new book by TobyMac and I think I'm going to like it a lot! It's a lot about unity among Christians spread among nations and nationalities and how connected we are in the body of Christ and I'm really excited to read his insights on what his song means to him and what it should mean to us as Christians. I have to work tomorrow, so I'll probably get some good reading in. I also need to get gas, get shots, and go to Manna. YAY! :D

Reminder about my and Alexa's yard sale: July 14th, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., 5124 Carter Grove Lane, Roanoke, VA 24012, all proceeds and left over merchandise is being donated - NOTHING is being used for profit or personal gain, we will be selling refreshments and treats. EVERYONE EVER SHOULD COME. :D

More info from my last post is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment