Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Where You Go, We Will Follow

Thank You God for:
time
sky
clouds
mountains
cars
books
the Bible
grace
prescriptions
Jesus
love
friends
parents
intestines
fingers
keyboards
hymns
Bach
shoes
feet
tables
coffee
coffee
coffee
speakers
food
houses
clothes
colors
the ocean
THE SUN
THE SON
piano
teachers
math
belts
boxes
calendars
the color red
the letter W
fireworks
balloons
bubbles
cotton candy
apples
kidneys
livers
brains
minds
consciences
clips
outlets
music
art
church
THE church
string
cats
grass
hammocks
peace
unity
prayer
shadows
valleys
soup
fruit
songs
violins
guitars
J. K. Rowling
Girl Scouts
yearbooks
cards
matches
hand sanitizer
Pez
crayons
Easter
Christmas
killing death with death and life at the same time
being awesome
and strong
and gentle
and loving
and merciful
and fair
and powerful
and welcoming
and faithful
and everywhere
knowing me
helping me
giving me more than I deserve
hope
JOY
Alyssa
Tori
college
towels
perfume
water
marriage
sex
children
earrings
toes
hair
plates
paper
thumbtacks
medicine
pens
pins
work
cameras
maps
history
being my All in All
being I Am
loving me, forgiving me, extending grace to me when I don't deserve it. Which is all the time.

Please, God, forgive me. There is so much evil in my heart and I have to work so hard to get it out because it's a part of me and it's engrained in me. But so is Your Word and Truth, and eternity. Help me to dwell on THAT. I know I don't have the strength to rid myself of all this grossness, so  pray that You do it for me. Or help me. I want my heart set on You. Focused on You. Spending time with You. Reading Your Word. Not given Satan a foothold to tear me down. Not giving in to temptation. Please. Help me. You are so good and so awesome and wonderful. Your beauty in creation never ceases to astound me and I thank you for the masterful artwork you designed for our aesthetic pleasure, to demonstrate your vastness and goodness that we are able to praise You for.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment