Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Just A Few Things...

1. I did not practice any hymns today. Whoops! I did, however, TRY to practice Bach, and I DID practice some of my music for church tomorrow/Sunday. Tomorrow I will try and run the whole program for Sunday (since I just remembered I'm playing more than an offertory and choir music, hehe) and bring out the ol' Worship Hymnal.

2. I am amazed at the flakiness of the human nature. I hate it, but it amazes me. I try to be as reliable as possible, but I know sometimes I'm not. Which is why I am quick to forgive those who flake out on me. I've just experienced a lot of it lately and figured I'd share it as some food for thought.

3. I'm doing a crazy (well it seems to be for me) ab workout. It's like some "30 day challenge" but really I just wanna see if I can keep it up a week. Haha. Today was day 2. Not that anyone cares. This will be the last time I post about it.

4. "Trusting God" is a trending topic on Twitter!!! That makes me incredibly happy. Trusting God is SO SO SO important. Something we forget about a lot because for whatever reasons we assume we're trusting God because we've been good little "Christians" for so long that it comes naturally. In reality, though, we're just as anxious and worried as the next guy because we assume any matter can be handled by humans but are worried until we get a physical, visible, tangible result. God doesn't work that way. He tells us to have HOPE and JOY and to TRUST in Him. Which means not worrying about the future, and resting assured in the promise of eternity because THAT is the outcome. And as long as we have faith in God and Jesus's death and resurrection, we don't have to worry about anybody or anything screwing that up. Salvation is ours upon trusting in Jesus.

5. I am enjoying having full days off of work. Just sayin'. Less money, yes, but also less time smelling like a sweaty, greasy, hot mess! Plus with my "second job" (piano playing) I'm still making some decent summer money. HOORAH!

6. Our yard sale is coming together so quickly and so well! I'm picking up something tomorrow, a few things Friday night (cutting it close! But whatever) and hopefully some more things here and there in the next 3 days! Alexa and I are so excited! Refer to the end of this post for the details.

7. I am rediscovering my love for the Harry Potter book series. A great deal of gratitude to Ms. Rowling.

8. I am still struggling with prayer.

9. I had dinner with my dad today.

No comments:

Post a Comment