Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Launch!

Ahh today was great. I spent time with wonderful friends, ate at Thelma's Chicken and Waffles and went to Launch! We continued to talk about James. And in the words of Scott Quirin: He punched me in the throat with the Word. It was great.

Basically, it was James chapter 3 and though I've read it and understood it before, I was really convicted tonight to watch what I say so closely. I've been working on that a lot recently anyway, but in a different kind of way (like implementing the Gospel into everything I talk about which isn't entirely successful but whatever) and now I just want to make sure I don't say anything that will make me a hypocrite. Or mean or rude or whatever. To talk to people with love is SO important. I'm guilty of just going to church and hyping about Jesus and then going to work and gossiping like the next person and talking bad about other people. That's not the way it's supposed to be.

I'm not gonna say "starting now I'm turning over a new leaf!" But I am saying that starting now, I will be praying for God's strength to help keep me from stumbling with my tongue. Because I will do it, but I want to try not to do it and be conscious of exactly why I'm trying not to say bad things that can hurt people and such.

Anyway, great day. My brother comes home from Europe tonight, in a few hours actually so that'll be... fun I guess. Haha. I've enjoyed the quiet, but I'm glad for him to be home.

All for now.

Peace,Love,&Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment