Sunday, July 8, 2012

Simple Solutions

It's a funny lesson I'm learning. Because it's the lesson we've been told, taught - the one that's been drilled into our heads since preschool - since we first heard the Good News of Jesus.
Fully Rely On God (F.R.O.G.)

The reason it's funny right now, though, is because I keep trying to make all these changes in my life and set goals and do all these different things like staying organized, working hard, reading books, eating healthy, exercising, all that jazz, and say I'm doing it to the glory of God, without even talking to Him about it first. The road to a better life isn't about trying to improve myself physically or whatever, it's about constant communication with God; that involves both LISTENING and responding; asking and giving. If I truly want to live a life worth living, I need to start with the One who gave it to me. God knows I need Him, and I know I need Him. I've just got to start acting like it and surrendering to it. Because that's hard, surrender. Humility. Vulnerability. I'm especially bad at that one. Which is kind of weird, actually. Anyway, that's a different story all together.

I'm gonna spend some time praying tonight to the God of the universe; the God who is in control of everything, from aligning the planets, to my beating heart, to science, to nature, to the human heart and mind. It is through Him that I get results. But not self-centered results that will make me more appealing according to worldly standards: the results that lead to eternal life and leaving a legacy of Christ through my life, my words, and my actions.

Thank You, God, for your mercy and grace. Thank You for Jesus most of all.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with a music director of the church I'm going to be playing for the rest of the summer. It's going to be a mad dash from there to work. I'm going to try and eat healthy at work. Mostly I'm gonna try to distract myself from the temptation that is food by praying, reading, cleaning, serving, and making bracelets. I pray that it works, but mostly I pray that I glorify God with my shift tomorrow.

I practiced that Prelude and Fugue in G Major for the first time in a while today. It was interesting. The first time I've played through the whole fugue. It sucked. Haha. I'm going to try to discipline my piano practice, especially on my days off. I've been slacking on hymns too. I have to now practice offertories for Sunday mornings. I don't think they should be too hard, it's just a matter of making sure they sound good and I get through them without any NOTICEABLE mistakes.

I'm getting an exercise bike from a guy at my church who's giving it to me and Alexa for our yard sale! Seriously, everyone ever should come. We know that this event will glorify God, and God is glorified even in the small victories, but we want to be able to reach people not only with our stuff and service but with the witness that Jesus will save your life if you let Him and you love Him and you love people. We're trying to love people.

I think that's the most of the ramblings for today. I want to be strengthened by the ability to forgive. That's only gonna come from God, and I just have to be willing to let it in. To let HIM in really.

Decaf coffee tomorrow. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment