Sunday, July 1, 2012

Olympic Games

June 27th: I worked. Then I went to Praise Team rehearsal at my church. THEN I SPENT THE NIGHT WITH 2 OF MY AWESOME FRIENDS! And we ate cookie dough and drank Amp. It was glorious.

June 28th: Made an appearance at VBS, worked, came home. Went running. It was fabulous.

June 29th: Worked. Again. The power went out at my house and millions of houses in the U.S. apparently. We completely blacked out at about 9:30 p.m. Mom and I played Scrabble and I played the piano (the stuff I had memorized).

June 30th: I woke up to my grandma in my house and she had cake. It was 11:30, so I had cake for breakfast. Then I went to work. Our power came back on, thankfully, at around 4:30 in the afternoon. But I brought my computer to work to charge it. Came home. My grandpa was here this time because he didn't have power back in his house yet. He slept in a chair in our living room because he got cold and had to move from the bed on the couch.

July 1st: Was today. I had my first day off in a week, after working 50 hours in 7 days. I went to church and sang. Ate lunch with mom and grandma. Went shopping. Bought 4 shirts and a pair of shoes. I tried to take a nap but it didn't work. Went back to church. It was bittersweet for a number of reasons. But it was good.

I came home and watched the Olympic trials and Army Wives. I wanted to go running, and I needed to mow, but I didn't. I'm hoping to motivate myself to get up and go in the morning.

The weather is crazy here. Temperatures are in the 100's and people are going insane because of the combination of high heat and lack of power/AC. It sucks. I'm very fortunate. I just... don't deserve this. I need to get rid of all my gunk. Live a different life. I'm so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment