Monday, July 9, 2012

Abs

Related (sort of) to yesterday's post, I'm learning a lot about faith, trust, discipline, choices, and a firm foundation. And I continue to revel in how delicately God created the world and all that's in the world to form wonderful analogies to faith, Jesus, and a relationship with Him.

Today I found that in my diet and working out.

I ate healthily all day long, until mom and I demolished a package of Oreos. I ate Frosted Mini Wheats for breakfast, a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread, carrots, and a banana for lunch, Sun Chips, blueberries, and cherries for lunch, and baked Tilapia for dinner! Then I ate all the stupid Oreos.

I'm pacing myself, though. I felt what it was like to put my trust in God for something that could bring glory to Him - treating my body like a temple (the way He created it to be) and stop putting junk in it, start toning it and gaining strength and endurance. That way, I have longer and more opportunities to advance His Kingdom. It must sound silly, and part of me reverts back to doing all this for personal gain. And I admit, part of me just did a disgusting ab workout because I'm unhappy with the current physical state of things. But then I tell Satan to shush and I turn back to God who's telling me to persevere and stay strong in mind, body, and soul.

Now I just need to work on the soul part.

I officially start my job as Riverdale Baptist Church's new summer pianist on Wednesday! I'm both nervous and excited for this opportunity, and a little extra cash (to pay for college, haha).

I'll try to start the hymns back up tomorrow - I HAVE THE DAY OFF! And yet so many errands to run...

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment