Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Romans 6

Too much to iterate. Like really.

Today I did a lot of things before noon. 'Twas weird.
In between a breakfast appointment and an orthodontist appointment, I parked my little rear end at the library and read/studied the book of Romans and prayed. It was really awesome.
And then I found out that our college worship group was looking at Romans 6 tonight and I was like, "WHAAAT?!" Total God thing.

I wish I had the words to say everything I needed to say, but I have written it down in my notebook. I haven't finished praying about the rest of what I read today, but I would be more than delighted to share with you all the things I've been learning about God and Jesus and prayer and faith!

Side note: I think I've decided that I really really want to start a new "project" of sorts this semester, kind of just for fun -
-So I bought this kinda old 35mm camera for $1 at another yard sale the weekend we had our big Luke 18:22 one, and I've been dying to use it basically just for the heck of it, and for the fun of taking film pictures and getting them developed! I want to do it with a purpose, though. Since I do still own a digital camera and can, if necessary, use it to take snapshots of my everyday life, I want to embark on a film adventure while at school! I just have no idea what to base it on, and I do want it to have a purpose...

I am absolutely open to suggestion! Though I am thinking along the lines of something similar to a 365, except not that really at all. Haha that made no sense. I want it to be something that reflects more than just photos, you know? But also more than my life. Something deeper and beyond that. Don't get me wrong, I do want it to be representative of my life and the journeys I take between August and December (for fall semester), but I don't know where to take it. I am by NO MEANS a photographer. I do like pictures, and pretty things, and admiring God's creation, and I enjoy taking pictures to capture memories, but I'm no pro like some of my friends.

By the same token, I've also been challenged to live a life away from the camera - to not have to document my life for the world to see, but just to savor experiences and cherish what God does to make everything so awesome. So I'm torn. It's not like I would carry this little film camera around everywhere, because there are only so many pictures on the roll of film. But I think I'm going to explore and pray and see where God might take this. Because I really do want to do it for fun, but more than anything I want to glorify Him with it.

We shall see where this goes!

Until then, keep the faith my friends!

&

No comments:

Post a Comment