Saturday, August 4, 2012

Leviticus is Gnarly on a Full Stomach

It's true.

I've almost finished Leviticus, actually. I'm trying to read the whole Bible. I just hope I stick it out until the end. Haha. But today I heard a verse that said to "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18) and I was like... okay, yeah, that means read the Bible. Got it. Yes. So I'm excited about this adventure.

Tonight I got to spend some time with my dear, dear friend Lindsey who just got back from Africa and is about to go to Kentucky! Such a world traveler. I love catching up with people and especially hear about how God has been working in them and changing their lives. It's so so cool!

Last night I went to dinner for a friend of mine's birthday and afterwards went to someone's house and had a bonfire/played Catchphrase for HOURS! It was super fun and I still smell like smoke. I really just love my friends, old and new.

The night before I went and babysat in B-burg and I was terrified to drive there by myself in RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC! No fun. But I obviously made it in once piece. Got paid pretty well and hung out with my long lost best school friend TRAVIS! Which was great.

Life is good, and I really can't complain. Honestly, I'm struggling with my faith because God is pulling at me to grow and I'm still stuck on earth and resisting, but I'm growing in prayer and in my love for people and His Word so I'm liking where I'm headed right now. I know I'll never be perfect, and will always fall short, but THANK GOD for grace and love and mercy. I want it to consume me forever and ever and I want to jovially spread it to the world! One act of kindness and Jesus-love at a time. (:

&

No comments:

Post a Comment