Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

For the past several years, I've stopped making New Year's Resolutions and started making New Semester's Resolutions - I guess in this case I can call them New Term's Resolutions.

In the past the majority of my resolution list would be to start doing better in all of my classes in school, t improve my grade from the first semester. I think a lot of it too dealt with softball and watching less TV and staying organized. Well, I don't think much is changing except for my perspective on the whole thing.

My first college semester was a wake-up call. After I was finished, I had a GPA because I was done with classes. It was really weird. And slightly disappointing. Haha. So now that I know how to function in college, I resolve to get straight A's next semester - we'll see what happens.

I've also resolved to do some other things as well:
1. Love people
2. Read the Word every day and spend quality time with God instead of just mindlessly skimming the pages
3. Be diligent when things get a little bit harder - don't give up or switch gears, but KOKO (Keep on keepin' on)
4. Bring a friend to Christ
5. Live a life God can be proud of
6. Eat breakfast every day
7. Leave a legacy - make my life count, and do it all for the glory of God 
8. Put school work before fun things (this will be hard)
9. FINISH my homework before midnight (also hard)
10. Learn a new skill

I think 10 is a good place to stop for now - though it's 11 if you count the getting straight A's thing.

Well anyway, I am resolving to do these things for the second semester of my freshman year in college, and I pray that I will be able to be set on them and actually be able to say in May that I accomplished these things. I think I purposefully put things on here that are ongoing which means for me that I can't just do it once and then slack off, but it will be a deliberate way of life, which means NO BEING LAZY! I just really hoped that I stay pumped up for doing something with my life, or at the very least make all these good things habits so I do them even without thinking - I guess that's my ultimate goal: to modify the way I live intentionally so that when my actions become unintentional out of good habit I will still be able to stand by my decisions because of the resolutions I made at the beginning.

Phew, well I suppose that's all for now and I may come in and modify the list if I have to (hopefully I won't have to). The song I'm going to leave you with is Where I Belong by Building 429 (I realize I've already shared this song, but I really like it so here it is again!).

No comments:

Post a Comment