Monday, December 19, 2011

Dean's List

Since my very first college grades were posted, I've been hearing a lot from my friends who have also received their first GPA's. So many have done very well, and it makes me wonder, "How on earth was it so easy for THEM to make a 4.0 while I have less than a 3?"

That's when I have to get perspective: who am I to compare myself to anyone? God knows what He's doing, and I plan on using my terrible GPA to glorify Him.

Yeah, it hurts sometimes when I hear people bragging about how good their grades are (then again that was me once), but I have to keep in mind that I'm doing my best, and that this period of my life was a huge adjustment and that I WILL get back on track and make the Dean's List one of these days.

So, my first semester of college is officially over, and I'm embarking on a one-month long break! One which I have not woken up before noon but once to go to church. It's quite wonderful. This is the first time I've been home that I don't have to worry about doing any work for school! Besides, of course, playing the piano, but that's a fun homework assignment. (:

My song for the week is Treasures by The Rocket Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment