Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sabbath

Have you ever thought about how it could affect your spiritual life to NOT be productive for a day? And by this I mean taking a Sabbath day to rest, to drench yourself in Jesus and God's love for us, and get nothing of worldly importance done? It's totally a completely mind-blowing. Crazy, pretty much.

However, it's what we're called to do as Christians. Far too often we let ourselves or our school work or our jobs or our lives get in the way of full on, hard core, all-or-nothing worshipping Jesus.  I admit, I sometimes even find that when I made reading my Bible or spending time with God just another part of my to-do list, THAT gets in the way of me worshipping Him! Because I'm so focused on my schedule, my plans, and my "busy" life that I can't take the time out to worship God without it being a burden.

So I'm proposing that we each use this to put things in perspective - to take a day off, basking in the richness and fullness that is Jesus Christ. Seriously. Get all your work done in 6 days (or some equivalent) and spend the 7th day resting. What would our lives look like if we gave our all to Jesus? Sacrificed one day of "productivity" to spend with Him that he may bless everything we do for His glory?

Man, I feel like that would be THE coolest thing ever. Jesus is so awesome. I'm just really excited for His abundant awesomeness. I don't know about you, but the strength and the wisdom that I get from Him 1.) blows my mind, and 2.) makes me want to know our Savior more!

I'm looking forward to resting in Jesus. Bahhhh. He's so wonderfully extravagantly excellent. I adore Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment