Sunday, February 26, 2012

Like, Lent and stuff.

So, Ash Wednesday was 4 days ago, signaling the beginning of Lent - the remembrance of Jesus's 40-day fast from food and water in the desert, all leading up to His death and resurrection.

So we, as good little Christian boys and girls, give something up from now until Easter.

But for Heaven's sake it's about so much more than that! Sure, I "gave up caffeine for Lent" but I was trying to do that anyway because it's REALLY bad for me and I don't need to be dependent on it ya know?

I feel like I don't have much to say that's truly profound, but my current view of Lent is this: I'm in this for the long haul; I want to make a heart change, strengthen my relationship with God, and grow in the Word. Yup. Pretty standard things. But pretty necessary things.

Friday I did something radical. Not sure if it changed my heart though. But I did it; I said the words because I had to obey God. I just had to. I feel Him at work. I do. He is big and powerful. Satan's powerful too. He's not as powerful as God, but he is just as present and working in our lives. He puts up stumbling blocks, and to be honest, I fall for them a lot of the time. It sucks, basically. What's awesome though is that I have a God who holds me up even in the deepest valleys; in the midst of the most trying of times.

Saturday I went somewhere I normally wouldn't have gone. Not sure if I shared Jesus enough, but I went and I tried and I did not give into temptation.

God is good.

More than our stuff. Worth the sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment