Thursday, February 9, 2012

There's Something

I feel like there's something I need to convey to the general public. I just can't decide what that is.
I should probably start by just telling it like it is:

I've got a lot on my heart, and a lot on my mind.
The Music Department at Virginia Tech is one of them - they need spiritual revival and healing. I need healing, but I want to help bring it to the Music Dept.
Tonight I learned a lot about prayer and fasting. Fasting is really helpful. But the implications are specific.
Prayer is a powerful thing. Doing it for someone else means a lot to them. Not just telling them you'll pray for them, but praying WITH them. Being sincere. Pouring out your heart to God with them in mind. It can change lives, yo.
I want to leave a legacy.
I want the power of prayer to reach Melissa Cheliras. She means a lot to people at BCM. I never knew her. She left a legacy. She has an untreatable cancer. It sucks. I know that God will be glorified, though, no matter what happens.
I desperately desire for God to do a work in my heart. I need to practice forgiveness. I need forgiveness. I need my heart to be softened and stop being so dang stubborn!
I want the body of believers to go out and reach those who yet understand God's grace and mercy and how He is the ONLY way to live forever - the only way to heaven.
I have really awesome friends. Sometimes I take them for granted. Especially the ones who strengthen me in my faith.
I have friends who don't know the love of Christ. I want them to understand. But I don't want my faith to waiver in the midst of that. I know that God has the power to give me the strength to do what I can't do on my own. Which is everything.

I think I might be getting sick again. It's rather unfortunate in my opinion, but it's most likely my fault.
I get to turn pages tomorrow for one of my piano heroes! One of the reasons I pray that I'm not getting sick...at least until after tomorrow night. But who knows; God works in mysterious ways for sure.

I've neglected some homework for tomorrow. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. I still have 30 minutes to do it though. I really don't want to be sick.
But I want to bring God glory.
The idea is for people to know we are Christians by our love; the idea is for people to see us as children of God, as happy, joyful people, even when we feel the worst. Let the love of God shine through us even on the worst of days and of hours. God is awesome. All-powerful. Incredible. Love. Everything good. Always good. Forever.

I love God. But my relationship with my biological father makes it hard to connect with God sometimes. I'm trying to work past that. I wouldn't mind prayer in that. I need to forgive my dad and become one with Christ.

I'm trying.

I'm tired.

God is sustenance. For eternity.

Peace Come Over You

No comments:

Post a Comment