Friday, August 5, 2011

We'll See

Clearly I'm doing a lot of pre-college reflection. It's fun though. (:

'We'll see' has become my motto over the past several months. For one thing, it's just funny, but I'm starting to realize that it goes a lot deeper than that.

I'm pretty sure it first happened in English class this past year (awhhh yeahhhh!). I said it once when I was asked a question (one which I do not remember) and it stuck.

So Katie, are you going to make the dean's list?
-We'll see.

So Katie, are you and your roommate going to hang out together with clubs and organizations?
-We'll see.

So Katie, are you going to shower regularly?
-We'll see. Oh yes, we will.

And I mean that's all fine and good, and it's not like I'm trying to give a short answer for the sake of not talking, it's just that...well...we'll see.

I say it's my motto, but I must confess that sometimes I do use it apathetically because I really am sick of talking. Recently, however, I've begun to figure out how it actually makes sense. It kind of reinforces our faith in God. How you ask? Well maybe you didn't ask, but Imma tell you anyway.

God tells us to have a game plan that's glorifying to Him, but at the same time not to always expect it to go the way you want it to, because He has a better plan than we do. It reminds me that I can't always know exactly what's going to happen at any given time, on any given day or hour, but that I can rely on God who already knows everything that has happened, that is happening, and that will happen. It's 'We'll see' because it refers to humans, people, you and me. We are the ones blessed enough to see God's will and His work revealed to us, IN TIME.

We're too impatient sometimes, and it sucks. Really, it does. We want it here, we want it fast, and we want it now. I can attest to that fact from personal experience. Something pretty cool, though, that I've heard a lot before is that when you pray for patience you don't "get" patience. You get tested. God puts you in a situation in which your nerves and patience are tested, and YOU have to make the choice to decide what you should do under the circumstance (though we ought to have patience in EVERY circumstance, but you know how it is).

Basically, I'm working on having patience with everyone and everything, and also not putting myself in situations where I could lose my temper and become inpatient. I feel this will be especially helpful as I am about to have to live with someone I don't know for the next several months.


"And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary." -Galatians 6:9
"And we urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with all men" -1 Thessalonians 5:14
And one of my personal favorites: "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." -James 1:2-3
Song of the Moment: So Much Love - The Rocket Summer 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DPNGGiZxVI&ob=av2e
(and this music video is awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment