Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blogging at 2 a.m.? Yes.

In light of my current state of insomnia, I figured I'd try to sort out my life/give the low down of my day via blogger real quick.

Today was really interesting. And by that I mean COMPLETELY INSANE. I set my alarm for 9:00, and good news! I got up at noon. High five, Katie. The plan was to finish the last 2 Acts of Much Ado About Nothing and the last 6 pages of my Double Entry Journal's (which are due 'today' by the way), and then go shopping around noon.

Oh, no.

I finished the DEJ's around 2 p.m., took a much-needed shower, and went to the mall with Alexa to shop for bathing suit bottoms, paint, a t-shirt, and sunglasses. All was a success in that department today, and I found out that Target may just have the best food in regards to how much I paid for the quality of any place I've ever eaten (except perhaps Cheddar's). So I get home around 6:00. Okay, awesome. I've got plenty of time.

Right.

So I go get my big piece of cardboard, take it out to the yard, and start to spray paint it, when lo and behold, the black paint runs out, and I'm finishing in navy blue. SWEET.

Eh, the least of my worries.

I have to straighten out the back of the cardboard, because it had been the folded part of the box. I thought I had done it with no problem: by taping wooden sticks to the back to make it stand straight. Well what do you know, that becomes one of my BIGGEST problems. Cool. But then, of course, I have to make it stand up by folding the 3rd piece under and getting it to stay that way. This quickly become the LARGEST of all problems I had with this project.

Finally I gave up on it and began to create the curtain for my stage (which is what my project was). I cut up a big dark green t-shirt and planned to sew a loop thing at the top to put in a curtain rod-type thing and hang it up on the top of the cardboard stage. I used two matches (long ones, granted). So I sewed that, and the curtain is uneven. And too long. BUT this was an easy fix for me, because I simply gathered the extra cloth at the top, which evened it out and made it the appropriate length, and sewed it into place. Turns out it actually looked even more like a stage curtain! Woohoo!

But not quite.

Now I had to get the rods in. Okay, fine. But I had to get them to stay on the board. Well guess what! I sewed the matches TO the cardboard. That's right. I am a champ. I also sewed beads to the end to look like real curtain rods (didn't work the way I planned, but not too bad after all).

Then came the fun part (and the important part): figuring out what I was actually going to say about it and what the significance of it was and what I was going to put on the stage/curtain/back stage. So I wrote it out. I made a list, and I think I covered just about everything I needed to to characterize Beatrice.

So then I went to work.

Most of the things I drew, and cut out, and pasted on my project were made out of foam, which was actually really fun for me. Some was of cardboard, and I used some fabric paint too (which I had to blow dry at one point to finish the remainder of the project.

OH YEAH. At this point, I was desperate to make my project stand up, so I tested something; something I thought impossible, but that shockingly (or not so much, because my life possesses a great deal of humor) worked exactly the way I wanted it too: pipe cleaners. That's right. Pipe cleaners are currently holding up my project. WHAT THE HECK? Seriously, my life is a joke.

Anyway, I designed the inside of the curtain and it looked nifty and I was proud of it. But then, of course, I gobbed on the fabric paint so I couldn't put the curtain down to do the outside right away, so I started getting ready for bed, which still is yet to come. I worked on my calculus project after that, which is way more fun, and eventually just improvised and blew the fabric paint dry so I could get on with it, since it's definitely due in like 6 hours. Cool.

Well anyway (since I'm FINALLY getting sleepy) I had a long hard day, but I surprisingly was not very stressed out. I just did what I had to do, and let God do the rest. It was kind of fun, now that I think about it. I like crafts.

Tomorrow's going to suck, though. But don't worry, I have EVERY intention of getting coffee before school.

And all I have to say, is I had better get an A on this silly thing. ;)

Video/song of the evening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBJwA0I8P-4

No comments:

Post a Comment