Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm Falling Out of Style

Relient K may be one of my favorite bands ever. This post is in honor of their song "Falling Out" because I recently fell in love with the song.

For some reason I felt compelled tonight to write down a bunch of random things as soon as they popped into my head. It's not really much, but it gave me a sense of depth, and I decided these little randoms deserved to be blogged (gosh, what an adverb).

My name is Katie.
Sometimes I get angry at the world.
Most people don't see things the way I do.
I feel good when people look up to me
    I hope I'm a good role model.
If I weren't so selfish, maybe I
    would see that everyone shouldn't
    be selfless toward me.
Music is the only language I truly
    understand.
Lyrics are poetry.
Sometimes I appreciate poetry.
Music to MY ears is an accomplishment.
Maybe I could stop being critical long enough
    to let God work in me.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to
    gain what he cannot lose"
                             -Jim Elliott
Expecting perfection is a lost cause,
but striving toward the One who is
perfect is a cause worth dying for.
"Awkward" doesn't exist if you don't want it to.
Without respect, how do we know what's
    for real?
Conforming is never the answer
           -->unless you're building a bridge.
Random crap keeps our brain juices flowing.
I just uploaded 976 songs to my iPod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spLdS08faLU
I'm falling out
Of style with the current way things are
The things that make conforming hard
I'm falling out
Of control
And you just can't stop me now
I'll fight as long as time allows
(:

No comments:

Post a Comment