Thursday, April 21, 2011

Like Today Never Happened Before

Switchfoot is quite an inspiration.

I've had an awful last couple of weeks. Don't ask me why; it's not quite worth the explanation. When things suck, music fixes them. Only this time, it was a little further than what music could do for me. Today I listened to the song Dare You To Move by Switchfoot for what is probably close to my 200th time. No joke, it's probably in that neighborhood. Just Because.

But today it struck a different chord.

I began to think about what I was going to say to someone when recommending this song to them. I would say, "Listen to the song first by itself a couple of times and then watch the music video. It's very powerful." Well, luckily enough, I ended up speaking to myself instead. Sometimes life doesn't treat us the way we wish it would. But "the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair" (different song, look it up). I told myself yesterday that people will never notice what you're doing until you stop doing it. As I kept that in mind today and then heard this song again, I made a deal with myself: to try and act positively and flaunt the facade when I physically can, and to tell someone (ONE) when I emotionally can't. Fake it 'til you make it, right? Well, I suppose that's going to reign true for a while.

Now, I DARE you to listen to this song and drink in everything its lyrics, music, and video have to offer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOTcr9wKC-o
Remember, song first, video second.

No comments:

Post a Comment