Friday, April 8, 2011

I Am Still Running

The inspiration for the name of the blog. This phrase pops into my head frequently because it comes from a song on one of Jon Foreman's EPs. Not only is it quite a catchy tune (well, kind of) but it's also quite relevant to my life as I continue to endlessly think upon and anticipate graduation/college. Weird, huh?

Besides the fact that the song mentions being '17 years young', it's a very nostalgic song for me. I came to realize not too long ago that high school is only a small part of life's journey. Now don't sit there and say "well duh, Katie, everyone knows that," because yeah everyone knows, but not everyone really KNOWS for themselves. You can't know 'til you know. You know?

I think what's most important is that this song reminds me of a passage in the book of Philippians:

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."
-Philippians 1:3-6

If nothing else, it reminds me of the hope I have in Jesus Christ. I went through my phase of freaking out about graduation, and ending this part of my life, and going to college, and never getting to see my friends again, and changing once I leave, and the list goes on. But listening to this song, and reading this passage remind me that because I have faith in the Lord that He will provide and take care of me, He will continue to work in me and through me in every stage of my life, no matter where I am.

It's hard to grasp, but it's comforting to know that He will always be working in my life, and that He has a plan greater than anything all of us put together could ever begin to fathom. It's a comfort indeed.

So, I am still running. "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 3:14.
God knows in which direction to point me. I just have to run and follow hard after Him.

p.s. here's a link to the song if you want to listen. (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd3_nmwDlK4

2 comments:

  1. The History of Calculus and Conceptual Thinking? Really?? Oh my - I have no idea what I'm getting in to with Sydney, do I?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. But just you wait; it gets even better. (: And I am super pumped!

    ReplyDelete