Saturday, November 24, 2012

Too Much For One

A lot's happened this week. It's been incredible! God is so good and He is alive and well and doing some really awesome things in our towns, our countries, and our world! More on that later...

Right now I'm finishing a book called "Radical Together: Unleashing the People of God for the Purpose of God." It's phenomenal. Basically for my own sake I want to jot down some of the awesome key points/quotes I took from it that I will hopefully apply to my life and the furthering of God's Kingdom.


  • "Then let us give God NO REST from our praising, confessing, interceding, and let us watch Him unleash His people in His church for His purpose in the world." 
  • We are selfless followers of a self-centered God; we exist for the glory of God, and God exists for the glory of God.
  • Prayer is fundamental, not supplemental. 
  • "God does not need me."
This whole passage: "Humbled by the reality of a self-existent, self-sustaining, self-sufficient God, I realized:
    • God does not need me
    • God does not need my church
    • God does not need you
    • God does not need your church
    • God does not need our conferences, conventions, plans, programs, budgets, buildings, or mission agencies.
          The reality is that you and I, your church and my church, al the structures we have constructed    and all the stuff we have created could turn to dust, and God could still make a great name for himself among the nations. God does not involve us in His grand, global purpose because he needs us. He involves us in his grand , global purpose because he loves us."

"So let us live radical together in eager anticipation of the day when we will see his face and, as a community encompassing every nation, tribe, tongue, and people, enjoy his beauty for all of eternity." 

Don't worry, I'll add more later. (: 

&

No comments:

Post a Comment