Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Jesus For President

This is one of those time where I'm glad only 7 people read my blog instead of my 900+ friends on facebook.

Because... I'm not voting.
The reason I'm not voting partly lines up with the reasons stated in this video (which I actually didn't watch until long after I decided why not to vote).

And also, because I have better things to do quite honestly. I don't feel strongly one way or another because my identity is not in a ballot, a president, a country, or a government. My identity is in Christ, and no matter the outcome of the election (because honestly I couldn't care less) I'm still going to pay my taxes, I'm still going to obey the laws, and I'm still going to strive to love Jesus and love people as much as humanly possibly with the strength from God through the Holy Spirit. I will obey the commands of Jesus from the Bible, and if they get in the way of America's laws, then I guess I'll be breaking the law.

It seems that as Christians we have forgotten that the ruler of the Universe for eternity has dominion over the ruler of the country for the next 4 years. So why are you putting more stock into voting in this election than you are obeying the teachings of Jesus and chasing after God's heart? I would implore you to reconsider where you place your allegiance.

Oh, and please watch the video.

Oh, and please don't hate because I'm not voting. You are free to vote, and I am free not to. Being persecuted for it has taught me a lot about acting and speaking in love in terms of Christianity, because it doesn't feel good to be berated by your decisions and beliefs. I've definitely gained new perspective.

People seem to forget the difference between obligation and freedom/choice. Until I am required by law to participate in elections, I will be abstaining from exercising that right (which is also my right).

I am free in Christ. My hope is in Him, not this country or the next 4 years (I mean really, 4 years <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ETERNITY!). And that's enough for me.

Is it enough for you?

&

No comments:

Post a Comment