Friday, September 21, 2012

Grace.

This week has been eventful. Mostly in the sense that I never have free time, really, except when I shut down from doing work and stop thinking about it, only to realize that I have SO MUCH to do. Oh well. That's beside the point.

On Monday: I got to tutor. I'm learning a lot about teaching. It's kind of scaring me. And exciting me.

On Tuesday: It rained a lot. All of my belongings were wet. I debated on whether or not to skip a class that required I walk out in the rain again half way across campus. I went. For the attendance points. 6:33 was that night. We finished Jonah 4. It was really good. My friend, Donna, and I also spent the before-time pushing FTLT application into the hands of every freshman/transfer we found and also got several turned in! I'm really excited for this year's new students at the BCM.

On Wednesday: I met with my singer for the semester and sightread one of her pieces. It gave me a false sense of security that her music was all going to be easy, and then I tried to practice the rest of it and said so long to that expectation. It's all good though. I'm hoping to get to use this as a cool ministry opportunity.

On Thursday: I didn't have a piano lesson. My teacher went out of town. This actually worked in my favor. I did a little homework at el BCM and then hung out with some of the coolest people ever instead of homework. And then got to talk on the phone with another super cool friend. It was nice. And B-stud was this night and my friend, Jodi, came with me. That was incredibly encouraging.

Today: I was really sleepy. I nodded off in all of my classes. But it was okay. Then I went to the Ladies' Group at BCM. There were 6 of us, and it was really awesome. I was very encouraged by today.

But this week has been weird. And that's okay.

I'm praying for grace and knowledge for myself. I'm praying for wisdom to be able to speak to other people, extending grace to them. Growing in grace is difficult, and painful. It's awkward and uncomfortable. And it's exhausting. And it's what Jesus called us to do by living it out in His life. We studied John 4 last night, and it was about the woman at the well. I was challenged to "find my Samaria" and go to it; live in it and show grace to people there - tell them about Jesus and my life's testament that He is good and gracious and loving and THE SAVIOR of my soul.

I'm growing in joy. It's beautiful.

Today I got Fig Newtons in the mail. That officially made today the best day of the week. I don't deserve the great friends I have. But that's the beauty of God's grace.

"The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair."

Jesus is the man. I'm yearning to be with Him forever. But for now, I pray for rest in my Savior, and grace enough to give everyone, only through God's strength.

&

No comments:

Post a Comment