Tuesday, November 15, 2011

7 x 70

You know what I'm going to say, don't you?

Don't you?

Forgiveness.

He and I have been wrestling for several years.

To say that I'm winning is to say that I am being stubborn, and prideful, and ignorant, and hard-hearted, and it's all true. I should be losing to forgiveness. Humbling myself to its power. Executing the concept that I so often preach and associate with my faith in Jesus Christ.

Alas, here I am. Defeating forgiveness.

I'm so torn between how to teach others to forgive when I can't do it myself. Though I'm ready to forgive almost anything. Except that one thing...

It's holding me back, and I don't know how to handle it. I am trying, I promise. It's just so hard for me to do. I want to be faithful to God, and obey Him. I feel as though I'm part of the way there, and that forgiveness is the last step; the wall between us; the only thing left for me to do before I can totally surrender my life to Him so that He is in control.

I'm working on it, and God's working on me.

I'm ready for Thanksgiving Break.

Give Thanks With A Grateful Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment