Monday, November 4, 2013

Draw Near to God

Upon reading James 4:6-10 (for like the billionth time) it has never made more sense to me than it does right now.

I'm letting my laughter turn to mourning, my joy into gloom, in order to humble myself to the Lord. My pride tells me to keep up the facade of happiness all the time, but God is wrecking that. I am so grateful.

I've been trying to make sense of the funk I'm in, and I'm learning to continue drawing near to God and resist the devil. Satan is at work, but God is stronger. I have to rest in Him. I can't do anything on my own.

"When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."

Jesus. Lord, I need You - every hour I need You.

"Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up."

No comments:

Post a Comment