Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gulp...Hitting The Big Issues.

In regards to 'Gay Rights':

    • "Right on! All of us count or none of us do. For those who see this as a religious issue, then so be it; leave the judging to God and follow your own moral compass without assuming that those whose views vary from yours possess a compass that's somehow broken or inferior."
I found this quite interesting. I, personally, believe that everyone is a child of God and that all are loved by Him so in turn we (the followers of Christ) are to love them just as Jesus loved every sinner on earth (which, we all are of course).

Like this guy said, though, I do see it as a religious issue. And at the same time, I agree with him. Because of my religious beliefs, I don't think that being gay is okay (a sin equal to any other), but it is also a sin to show partiality to any particular person or group of people, which makes discriminating against them a sin as well.

We also can't judge them. Like I've already said, twice, all of us sin. I've sinned, so why shouldn't someone else judge me? Well, for the same reason I shouldn't judge them: IT'S NOT OUR JOB. God will do it. It's fine. You don't have to worry about it. All you have to worry about doing is loving people.

Anyway, that's still really vague, and probably missed a lot of points, but I just found what that guy said really interesting, and wanted to share!

Love Come to Life by Big Daddy Weave - I like this video for the most part, except for the fact that it uses 'love' to represent the relationship between a man and woman probably a little too much, but a lot of it is really powerful. Oh, plus I like this song. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment